Frequently asked, February 2, 2018
The Natural Wood Floor Company’s Insider Tips
Here are some simple guidelines for keeping your wooden floor looking its best:
- Allow 8 hours after the last application of top coat before walking on the floor, and 72 hours before moving in furniture.
- For the first week after installing and finishing your floor, do not cover the floor with rugs and do not use cleaning or maintenance products.
- If there are further works to be undertaken, ensure that suitable protection is used to cover the finished surface once it has fully cured (no sooner than 7-10 days after the top coat has been applied).
- Vacuum regularly to remove abrasive particles of dust and dirt.
- After one week, clean the surface with a damp, soft cloth or mop using a suitable flooring detergent (diluted as appropriate). Never use a dripping wet cloth, as too much water can cause the boards to swell, or can cause discolouration in the wood grain.
- To remove everyday stains, use a detergent suitable for the finish that has been applied to your floor. For stubborn stains, use the detergent in its concentrate form.
- To remedy dullness and scratches apply a suitable polish.